January 12, 2011

Because


Because two days after my last entry, I found out I was pregnant.

Because five seconds later, Mr. Starlet and I were hanging our heads over the toilet (albeit for slightly different reasons).

Because we didn’t know how easy we had it when Punk couldn’t walk or talk.

Because now that she can, we can’t sit or think.

Because our newest tried to make her debut several months early.

Then several days early.

Because when she finally did, I fell head-over-heels in love.

Because three minutes later she earned the nickname, “Poopalina.”

Because Punk now knows how to unlock doors.

And color on the walls.

And bite.

And throw world-class tantrums.

And delights us with her dancing.

And singing.

And contagious laugh.

Because Poopalina developed colic five days after help left.

And food allergies.

And a penchant for refusing to sleep. At all.

And stops our breath with a single smile.

And coo.

And giggle.

And because we’re enjoying every I’m-too-tired-to--see-straight-anymore moment, I’ve not updated this blog in nearly a year.

1 comment:

  1. It is great to "hear" from you again and I look forward to your witty post!

    ReplyDelete